Apple Pressing service.
Apple Pressing Prices 2020
Why not bring your apples to our 300 year old apple press. We can turn them into Apple Juice which will last 2 years, or cider Juice. Please book a space. from 15th September-15th November. Computer controlled monitoring and recording of process. Process and prices for personal consumption only.
Suggested to have 20% bramleys in the apple juice to give it some crispness. 100% brambly juice is quite tart a bit like grapefruit juice and some eaters can make a very sweet juice.
to book a place Fridays and Saturdays, September and October. please Call Julian on 07770694646 or email
1kg of ripe apples = 1 bottle/750ml of juice. (approx.)
Minimum pressing 80kg* for smaller quantities see below.
- Filling, pasteurising, capping and washing bottles. 45 mins=40 bottles
- Labels. Polyester white background, colour laser Printed, lasts for many years.
- Custom design provided by customer. Word template. standard design(no cost)
- bring your apples early so we can press several hours before bottling to allow sedimentation.
- *Filling, capping and cleaning can be done by customer.
- Reusable bottles: customers will be responsible for the bottles being clean internally. Rinse out and keep original caps on immediately after use. New caps provided free after pasteurising.
- for cider juice, preferably using cider apple varieties as they contain more sugar and tannin and less malic acid. made at juice bottle rate per litre. ie 220L = 60p*220=£132. We have new 45 gallon barrels and can provide taps and bungs and prepare barrels ready for you to use at home.
Cider apple pressing service.
Small batch cider 75L, 120 pints. You will need:
- 100kg cider apples, maybe some desert apples. Definitely no cookers.
- 3 x 25L cider barrels/poly pins for brewing cider. (£40 each from ebay)
- 3 x 4 pint milk containers. (for topping up during fermentation)
This can be used to make cider or cider vinegar too. Written instructions provide. cost £75
Large batch of cider: 220L, 400 pints
We can provide a oak cider barrel and press your apples for you. You will need 350kg of apples and 6 months to ferment. We charge £1 a litre to press the apples for you. This includes your own barrel tap bungs and instructions. Enough for 220 litres in 6 months. you will need a small trailer and containers to move the juice and barrel back to storage. we can transport your juice for you within 15miles. Cost £220
Store your juice in a clean cool place away from sun light. this product will last for 2 years. Some varieties of apples will produce more sediment then others. This leads to a cloudy juice. over time this sediment may condense more and will need a good shake to make the juice cloudy again. Else just discard the sediment at the bottom of the bottle when consuming. keep an eye on you bottles for any mould developing on the juice maybe 1 in 200 bottles may be affected. once consumed rinse out the bottle and place the cap and place back in storage again for refilling next year. Plastic crates are best option for storage as can be stacked 60 bottles high. see below.
We can mill your apples and have a small hand press you can use for smaller amounts. This can then be bottled and placed in the pasteuriser whilst we are processing a larger batch. You will be operating the hand press yourself and is not as efficient as the main press and more work.
Plastic reusable 20 Bottle crates. 6 for £65 so 55p per bottle. we can provide these and make life more convenient if you intend to reuse your bottles next year. (also buy back option. £10 per crate of empty clean bottles with caps on.)
Or boxes. Kite packaging. 6 x 20. = £30 25p per bottle.
all prices quoted on this page are subject to change at any time due to supply chain and brexit.